1. Every time you are about to take out your credit card to pay for a business or personal expense, stop, and check if you can get it by paying Bay Bucks instead. You can easily search for it on our website after logging in to your account.
2. If you cannot find something after searching or browsing, let your Broker know. Sometimes other Members haven't fully filled out their product listings yet, so what you want doesn't appear in the directory. However your Broker may be able to point you to the Member who has what you need.
3. Make sure you report at least 5 things you need on the website. You can go to “Account” -> “Report Your Needs” and put in the goods and services that would be most helpful to you. Or you can just let your Broker know. When several Members report the same need, we actively recruit new Members who can satisfy those needs.
4. Come to the Get Local networking party to make personal connections with other Members. Not only will you discover other businesses you didn't know that you could trade with, but trading becomes easier and more fun once you personally know the people behind a business.
5. Show your business owner friends how to sign up for Bay Bucks. Not only will you help grow the network and make it more useful for everyone, but if your friends put your name in the “Referral” box when they sign up, you'll be featured on the site and on our facebook page, as well as receiving 5 free tickets to win prizes given out at our next Get Local Networking Event!